You've uploaded amazing audio and video samples, your photos are professional, your site looks great! So why haven't you been contacted for a casting or recording session? We've put together 5 Tips that increase your chances...
You could be the best voice talent for a project, but if your profile doesn't show up in producer and AD casting search results, chances are slim they will just find your profile browsing the site.
In order to fully appreciate the importance of the 5 Tips we are going to share with you to help get your profile seen in searches, you need to think like a producer. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What voice characteristics will be searched every time?
- What actor characteristics will they search for every time?
- What casting themes are trending?
- Are my availabilities visible and updated?
- Are my past projects and experience clear and searchable?
Producers and ADs are very busy. Often, they don't have a lot of time to consecrate to one of the most important factors of a project : voiceover casting. This is why so many of them use the Voxing Pro platform....to find great voice talent quickly!
Our voice meta search engine allows them to rapidly filter voice profiles by conducting searches in a multitude of ways. They have the possibility to search by :
- Referencing films, original actors, characters, brands...
- Basic talent characteristics: gender, languages, localised accents...
- Complex talent voice characteristics: type of voice, voice age brackets...
- Audio sample and video characteristics: broadcast, demo, mock-up, emotion, role, interpretation...
- If your samples haven't been tagged, don't show up in results, they have no way to know you correspond to what they're looking for.
Our 5 Top Tips for optimising your Voxing Pro website to increase your profile views in producer search results :
1. Tag your audio samples
We cannot stress enough the importance of tagging all of your samples.
What is tagging? Tagging is simply categorising your data. Remember the screen that popped up when you started categorising your samples? We weren't just being curious :) In providing this information, and taking your time to accurately tag your samples, you make it possible for a sample to show in casting results.
Often, new members quickly tag samples with 3 or 4 categories in order to submit their profile for validation as rapidly as possible. More often than not, talents forget to return and categorise the samples.
Name your files wisely and remember to include brand names, movie names, etc., these tags help in searches too!
2. Tag your video samples
Video samples can be just as powerful, if not more so, than audio excerpts in getting you an audition. Videos present you "in action", and often serve as a "tipping point" when a producer is hesitating between talents.
Are your videos meticulously tagged? Will the producer find a video that corresponds to the categories you've specified? We recommend taking a look at the different categories and tags requested for videos, then taking the time to watch your videos, taking notes of different categorisations that apply to the video and then editing your tags to better showcase your video.
As with your audio files, don't forget the importance in naming your video samples.
3. Photo Selection
We strongly recommend using professional photos. If you are unable to provide professional photos, be sure the photos you upload are high resolution, clear, and "clean". By clean we mean there shouldn't be clutter, keep the focus on you. Use this tool to convey a sense of who you are. Do you want to appear fun loving, professional, eccentric....?
Your visuals are your first opportunity to grab a producers attention. They may have loads of profiles that pull up in a search and they will quickly scan visuals for one that catches their eye. They will not take the time to click on every talent. This is your chance to get your foot in the door - make the most of it!
- Your avatar (headshot) shows up in casting results. Make sure this image is a close-up and your face is not covered by your hair. Photos where actors are looking directly at the lens have a higher click rate.
- Your cover image is the big image on the top of your Voxing Pro website / public profile. Paid plan members can select the photo they want to present, we suggest publishing a different image than your avatar in this prime space. Free plan members have a default image that cannot be modified.
- "My Images" is where you should upload a maximum of photos that show you in different scenarios and "in action"!
As with audio and video files, don't forget to categorise your photos!
4. Adapt your profile to match trending casting searches
You were wondering what the statistics you see on your dashboard were all about? Take a closer look at the "Most played categories on Voxing Pro" (top right of your statistics dashboard if you have a paid plan). Production projects have low and high seasons. By uploading more samples that correspond to casting trends and tagging them correctly, you increase the probability of your profile being viewed.
As you know...artistic directors and producers have a tendency to cast last minute. Always keep your availabilities updated. You can update availabilities directly from our mobile app (available on Apple Store and Google Play).
Last minute castings and bookings happen more often than not. When a prod or AD is racing the clock, they're going to filter by available artists. Make sure you show in their results!